The goal of Faith Formation is to provide for the spiritual growth of every member of the parish (especially our youth). We strive to partner with parents
to teach their children to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ in our Catholic Faith. With the help of God, we hope to bring children into the fullness of the Christian life through catechesis,
prayer, and liturgy.
Statement of Goals
- Parent-Teacher Partnership
- Parents are the primary educators of their children. Religious educators help in the process of education by presenting the fundamental of the Catholic Faith.
- Exposure to Catholicism’s Major Teaching, Beliefs, and Practices
- We use an approved catechetical textbook series that approaches religious education systematically.
- Help in Sacramental Preparation
- Sacramental preparation programs are essential to the parish religious education program, the children and youth, and their parents.
- Age-Appropriate Catechesis and Methodology
- The program’s goal is to build on a foundation so children and youth will understand and live their faith.
- A Curriculum Rich in Content and Experience
- Both content and experience are a part of the curriculum. Information is only one part of the process. The information should lead to transformation. Children and youth must see
and experience their religion being lived out.
- A Deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through the Eucharistic Celebration
- Through catechesis, prayer, and parent involvement, children and youth will desire a deeper relationship with Jesus through participation in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.